Latest Texas Supernova Search Stories
Astronomers announced on Wednesday a new class of supernova after observing six ultra-bright flashes of ancient exploding stars in deep space. The explosions, which were ten times brighter than any other previously seen supernova, may illuminate star-forming clouds in far-off, primitive galaxies, allowing scientists to observe stellar creation. The scientists directly observed four of these exploding stars, while another two previously unexplained supernovae are now believed to belong to this...
An explosive star within our galaxy is showing signs of an impending eruption, at least in a cosmic time frame, and has for quite some time. From 1838 to 1858, the star called Eta Carinae brightened to rival the light of Sirius, the brightest star in the sky, and then faded to a dim star. Since 1940 it has been brightening again, and scientists think Eta Carinae will detonate in 10,000 to 20,000 years. Fortunately, Eta Carinae is far away, at least 7,500 light-years from Earth. If it...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.