Latest The Grasslands Trust Stories
By Josh Sims We've lost 97 per cent of our meadowland and its wildlife to farming. But one campaigner is fighting to save what's left. Josh Sims meets a man on a mission So you thought looking after your lawn was hard work? Spare a thought for Jon Valters, who tends to a lot more grass than the average gardener. To be precise, some 147 acres, leased in Carmel National Nature Reserve in Carmarthenshire - on which he is spending some 200,000 from the Welsh Assembly to do, well, as little...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.