Latest The New York Foundling Stories
NEW YORK, April 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- With looming budget cuts adding more stress to a child welfare safety net already stretched precariously thin, The New York Foundling, one of the City's oldest and largest child welfare agencies, is launching a multi-pronged public awareness campaign to enlist the public's help in recognizing Child Abuse Prevention Month. Through the work of The Foundling's Vincent J. Fontana Center for Child Protection, the only Center of its kind in the nation...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.