Latest The Nielsen Company Stories
Nearly 33 million Christmas trees were purchased this Christmas season. Christmas trees remain an integral part of the Christmas celebration. Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 25, 2012 About 33 million Christmas trees were purchased for the 2012 Christmas season, reports the American Christmas Tree Association (ACTA). A study of approximately 30,000 U.S. households nationwide conducted by Nielsen on behalf of ACTA found that celebrants planned to buy about 22 million real Christmas trees and...
U.S. households that celebrate Christmas with a Christmas tree are embracing artificial Christmas trees in greater numbers and reusing their trees season after season. Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 10, 2012 Eighty-three percent of U.S. households that will display a Christmas tree this season will display an artificial Christmas tree, up from 79 percent in 2011, according to a study commissioned by the American Christmas Tree Association (ACTA), conducted by Nielsen. Twenty-three percent...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.