Latest The Open Group Stories
SAN FRANCISCO, May 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Open Group today announced the results of its Cloud Computing Survey, which reveal that organizations are struggling with how to measure Cloud ROI, with more than 60 percent of respondents saying that their organizations do not currently have an ROI mechanism in place. The survey is available by emailing us with your request. "The ability to transform business is the most exciting feature of the Cloud phenomenon," said Dr. Chris Harding,...
SAN FRANCISCO, April 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Open Group today announced a new information security management standard, The Open Group Information Security Management Maturity Model (O-ISM3), which enables the creation of Information Security Management (ISM) systems that are fully aligned with any organization's business mission and compliance needs regardless of size, context and resources. The new standard allows organizations to prioritize and optimize investments in...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.