Latest The Postal Service Stories
ORLANDO, Fla., March 2 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The president of the 300,000-member National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC) today opposed the proposal by Postmaster General John E. Potter to eliminate Saturday delivery to American homes and businesses, and urged Congress instead to take steps that would provide "financial breathing room" while a better plan can be developed. NALC President Fredric V. Rolando, in this city for the mid-winter meeting of the AFL-CIO Executive...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.