Quantcast

Latest The Spamhaus Project Stories

Record-Breaking High-Speed DDoS Attack Strikes Europe
2014-02-12 14:49:44

A distributed-denial-of-service (DDoS) attack on Monday reached more than 400Gbps at its peak. This is about 33 percent greater than the Spamhaus attack last year, which was the previous DDoS record holder.

2013-07-05 23:01:46

"The revelations of the last few weeks has concerned us,” Michael Maxstead, CEO of VPNReviewz said.

2013-05-24 23:04:05

Nexusguard takes a closer look at the Spamhaus incident and finds that the bandwidth flooding was the least of their problems. (PRWEB) May 24, 2013 In

Dutch Spamhaus DDoS Hacker Arrested
2013-04-27 06:10:57

A 35-year-old Dutch man has been arrested in connection with what experts say could be the largest publicly announced cyberattack in the history of the Internet, various media outlets reported on Friday.

Three Divers Arrested In Egypt For Trying To Sever Internet Cable
2013-03-28 10:36:22

As more of our digital lives move into the cloud, it’s easy to forget that what we know as the Internet is still quite dependent on physical objects, such as cables and servers. So while some hackers are focused on breaking into foreign networks using the Internet as a vehicle, three men decided to go straight to the source this week.

Ongoing War Over Largest Internet Attack In History Affecting Bandwidth
2013-03-27 14:12:49

There’s a war going on, and we’re all being affected by it, even if we can’t see what’s happening. It’s a classic tale of good versus evil. A London based spam-filtering group and a Dutch web-hosting firm have been duking it out for over a week, engaged in what’s been called the “biggest attack in history."

Spam Botnet Defeated
2012-07-19 14:52:50

You can put your children safely to bed tonight with an easy mind: Internet security experts last night were able to take down and defeat Grum, the world’s third-largest botnet.

2011-05-20 00:00:29

• 107 million spam emails received by UK homes each day or over 1,000 every second – up 30% from 82 million in 2007 • Spamdemic spreads to mobiles – 4 million unsolicited text messages received every day – up 300% from 1 million in 2007 • Just 8 out of 10 (79%) broadbanders have a spam filter, potentially leaving nearly 4 million (21%) completely exposed to email spam attacks • 1.6 million Brits (8%) deal with unsolicited emails incorrectly,...

b127f484466e947bf8f3b1313e2bab5c
2011-01-06 10:15:00

Your e-mail trash folder may be looking a bit lean lately.

2008-10-15 06:00:07

By Jon Swartz SAN FRANCISCO -- The world's largest spam e-mail operator has been silenced. Federal authorities say they've shut down HerbalKing, a global spam gang responsible for billions of spam messages promoting prescription drugs, "male-enhancement" pills and diet pills.


Word of the Day
quilisma
  • In medieval musical notation, a sign or neume denoting a shake or trill.
The word 'quilisma' comes from a Greek word meaning 'a roll'.