Latest The Wrestler Stories
VETERAN actor Mickey Rourke helped The Wrestler win the Venice Film Festival's top award last night. The Golden Lion went to the movie starring Rourke, 51, as a retired fighter. (c) 2008 Sunday Mail; Glasgow (UK). Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Mickey Rourke's new film role as a lonely has-been wrestler took the Venice Film Festival by storm yesterday. Those behind The Wrestler received a standing ovation from some reporters during the US film's press conference, as parallels were drawn with Rourke's own troubled past. Much mention has been made of a lack of a Hollywood presence at this year's festival. But as the event draws to a close excitement mounted as Rourke was tipped to scoop "best actor" awards. Rourke plays Randy...
George Clooney will kick off the 2008 Venice Film Festival with his latest effort but after that independent movies will hold sway, officials said. Clooney and co-star Brad Pitt were set to walk the red carpet Wednesday in Venice to promote their new major studio film, "Burn After Reading" by filmmakers Joel and Ethan Coen. Other than that the festival will largely concentrate on works from lesser-known or first-time directors, the Italian news agency ANSA reported. It said the only...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.