Latest Thebes, Egypt Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online A team of Italian archaeologists has uncovered the remains of ancient plague victims at an ancient burial plot in what is now Luxor, Egypt, according to research appearing in the latest edition of the Egypt Exploration Society journal Egyptian Archaeology. Between 250 AD and 271 AD, as many as 5,000 people died each day as a result of the disease, explained Owen Jarus in an article published by LiveScience. The epidemic became...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.