Latest Thomas Pearce Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online Did you ever look at those zig zags on an electrical activity line and wonder what it meant? Surely nothing useful could be extracted from such a confusing thing. However, over the last 30 years, it has been found that much information can be gleaned by deciphering this activity. Scientists at Washington University in St. Louis, recently began decoding brain activity while monkeys reached and moved around an obstacle to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.