Latest Thomas Reichler Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Atmospheric researchers at the University of Utah have uncovered a Rube Goldberg-like mechanism that begins in the polar stratosphere and drives global weather patterns through a chain of interactions, according to a new report. "It is not new that the stratosphere impacts the troposphere," said University of Utah professor Thomas Reichler, senior author of the report published in the journal Nature Geoscience. "It also is not new...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.