Thorium Reference Libraries
In geology, the mineral monazite is a reddish-brown phosphate containing rare earth metals and an important source of thorium, lanthanum, and cerium. It occurs usually in small isolated crystals. There are actually three different kinds of monazite, depending on relative elemental composition of the mineral: - monazite-Ce (Ce, La, Nd, Th, Y)PO4 - monazite-La (La, Ce, Nd)PO4 - monazite-Nd...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.