Latest Tidbit Stories
The second-known instance of "virgin birth" in a shark has been confirmed through DNA testing, scientists said. A pup carried by a female Atlantic blacktip shark named Tidbit in the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center contained no genetic material from a male. Beth Firchau, the curator of fish at the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center in Virginia Beach said Tidbit was born in the wild and lived there for eight years with no males of the same species. The first documented...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.