Latest Tigris River Waters Stories
Text of report by Iraqi Media Network weekly newspaper Al-Sabah on 3 July [Report by Mustafa Majid in Baghdad: "An Iraqi Expert Says the Tigris River Waters Will Not Meet 50 Per cent of Mosul's Need for Water After the Construction of the Turkish Ilisu Dam in 2011."] An expert at the Water Resources Ministry has stated that Iraq's share in the Tigris River after the construction of the [Turkish] Ilisu Dam within the next three years will drop to 211 cubic meters per second in summer...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.