Latest Tim Baurer Stories
The irony is palpable. Freelance Art Director Tim Baurer, who lives in Las Vegas and also owns a provocative, Brazilian-influenced bathing suit/sportswear company (http://www.fiufiu.com), was so outraged by recently-installed, full-body scanners and the invasion of privacy they represent, he invented an entire industry. Inspired by airline security incidents and Vegas showgirls' attempts at modesty, Baurer's brainchild -- Flying Pasties TM-- is a way for air travelers to defeat the invasive...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.