Latest Tim Herr Stories
Tim Herr, who lives in New Holland, sent us this photo of his grandfather Ira H. Herr (1888-1977) standing in front of his 1936 Chevrolet sedan home delivery-milk truck on his farm. Tim also added this fascinating story about the dairy business. He wrote: "The farm was at 150 Marticville Road in Pequea Township. Ira H. Herr began his dairy bottling business in 1923. After several years of operating under the name, I.H. Herr, he, and his wife, Mamie Hess Herr, named the enterprise Spring...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.