Latest Tim Jarvis Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online In 1916, a party led by Ernest Shackleton completed one of the most epic survival adventures, rowing 800 nautical miles through the icy waters of the Southern Ocean and traversing a mountainous, 32-mile section of South Georgia Island, to contact help and assemble a team to rescue the rest of his expedition team that was stranded back on Elephant Island off the coast of Antarctica. In January, a team of British and Australian...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.