Latest Tim Pindell Stories
By Alisha A Pina; Tim Pindell With the help of residents, conservationists, and anglers, herring surmount a major obstacle to their annual migration and spawning. EAST PROVIDENCE The adventure starts in March when Long Island waters and the ocean begin to warm. That temperature change triggers a need to procreate. Thousands of blueback herring race through Connecticut's waters, South County's streams and the Providence and Seekonk rivers. All along the tiring, month-long journey to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.