Latest Timekeeping on Mars Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online NASA's Curiosity rover has sent back a Martian weather report, showing surprisingly mild daytime temperatures. The rover's Remote Environment Monitoring Station (REMS) is the latest Martian meteorologist, and it has been keeping NASA updated with the weather on the Red Planet around Gale Crater. The latest data shows the average daytime air temperatures have reached a peak of 42 degrees Fahrenheit on Mars around Curiosity....
NASA -- Like the fabled tortoise that, in the race with the hare, moves slowly yet accomplishes much, NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Spirit has continued to make progress little by little, while essentially running in place. Eking out a steady stream of scientific data as solar power levels have plunged to a seasonal low during the rover's second Martian mid-winter, Spirit has discovered meteorites that might otherwise have been missed and completed work on a 360-degree, full-color panorama...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.