Latest Tobacco cessation Stories
The poor safety profile of the smoking-cessation drug varenicline (Chantix™) makes it unsuitable for first-line use.
According to a new study, the smoking-cessation drug varenicline (Chantix) carries too many risks and should be a last-resort option for trying to quit the habit.
Smokers who take the anti-smoking drug Chantix are not at higher risk of being hospitalized for psychiatric events such as depression, compared with smokers who use nicotine patches.
The FDA told Orexigen Therapeutics on Tuesday that it will reconsider the company's weight-loss drug Contrave.
Newly synthesized polymer, fitted with molecular pincers of carefully tailored structure, effectively captures nicotine molecules and its analogues.
ALLEGAN, Mich., July 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Perrigo Company (Nasdaq: PRGO;TASE) today announced that it has received approval from the U.S.
Smoking cigarettes is a dangerous habit that many are struggling to break, but for the smokers who choose to use one of the most popular smoking cessation drugs on the market, new warnings about the risk of serious cardiovascular events are on their way.
Healthy, middle-aged smokers who take the most popular smoking cessation drug on the market have a 72 percent increased risk of being hospitalized with a heart attack or other serious heart problem.
According to a new study, people trying to quit smoking are twice as likely to succeed if they get mobile phone text messages that encourage them to quit.
- Initiative Will Save Lives and Health Care Costs WASHINGTON, June 24, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is a statement from Matthew L.
- One of the side scenes of the stage in a theater, or the space included between the side scenes.
- The outside stock exchange, or “curb market,” of Paris.
- A flute or groove on the blade of a sword.
- A section of stage scenery placed in a wing of a theatre.