Latest Tobacco industry Stories
Michael Harper for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online The New York City Council has raised the legal smoking age from 18 to 21. Adults must now be of legal drinking age before they can buy cigarettes, electronic cigarettes or any tobacco products. New York City is the largest city to increase the smoking age from 18 to 21. In an additional measure, the city also increased the minimum cost of a pack of cigarettes to $10.50 and banned the discounting of tobacco products. This is the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.