Quantcast

Latest Tobacco packaging warning messages Stories

2013-01-15 10:42:17

Disadvantaged groups stand to benefit from hard-hitting tobacco warnings Quitting smoking is a common New Year's resolution for Americans each year, but research has repeatedly shown it is not an easy task. Some groups, such as racial/ethnic minorities, have an even harder time quitting. New research suggests hard-hitting graphic tobacco warnings may help smokers of diverse backgrounds who are struggling to quit. A new study by researchers at Legacy® and Harvard School of Public Health...

Europe Wants To Crack Down On Cigarette Labels, Making Them More Graphic
2012-12-19 16:43:48

Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online A new proposal may tighten-up the already tight grip on cigarette packaging within the European Union. The law would see that graphic visual and written warnings take up 75 percent of the surface of all cigarette packs, leaving just 25 percent or less for the brand. About 700,000 people die in Europe every year from smoking-related disease, and the costs of treatment run up to $32 billion. The proposed legislation would ban...

2012-12-02 05:04:36

Nicotine addiction is one of the major challenges smokers face when trying to quit smoking. In its support, http://electroniccigarettehub.org is distributing free electronic cigarette starter kits under its try before buy campaign. You don't need to wait until you need a cancer treatment. Whether you want to buy electronic cigarette or read best electronic cigarette reviews, you can always go to E Cig Hub. If you don't want to quit smoking and are looking for a safer alternative, try e...

Brazil Credits Strong Tobacco Control Policies For Saving More Than 400,000 Lives
2012-11-07 10:19:09

Georgetown University Medical Center High cigarette prices, smoke-free air laws, marketing restrictions and other measures, all part of Brazil's strong tobacco control policies, are credited for a 50 percent reduction in smoking prevalence between 1989 and 2010. The reduction contributed to an estimated 420,000 lives saved during that time period. Those are the findings of a new study published today in PLOS Medicine by a team of researchers from Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer...

2012-10-22 04:03:18

Nicotine addiction is one of the major challenges smokers face when trying to quit smoking. In its support, http://electroniccigarettehub.org is distributing new electronic cigarette starter kits under its try before buy campaign, now with menthol and tobacco taste. (PRWEB) October 21, 2012 “I am delighted to say that it is 8 weeks today since I had my last conventional cigarette and I have no intention of smoking again, vaping yes,” gushed Linda, an electronic cigarette user....

2012-10-22 04:00:19

E cigarette free giveaway announced by Electric Cigarette Hub. Nicotine addiction is one of the major challenges smokers face when trying to quit smoking. In its support, http://electroniccigarettehub.org is distributing free electronic cigarette starter kits under its try before buy campaign. (PRWEB) October 21, 2012 James Kenton from Pittsburg, PA after switching to electronic cigarettes could not be happier. He says, "I made the switch to electronic cigarettes and it is the best decision...


Word of the Day
barratry
  • The offense of persistently instigating lawsuits, typically groundless ones.
  • An unlawful breach of duty on the part of a ship's master or crew resulting in injury to the ship's owner.
  • Sale or purchase of positions in church or state.
This word ultimately comes from the Old French word 'barater,' to cheat.
Related