Latest tobacco products Stories
Australia´s new anti-smoking laws banning brand labels its last major legislative hurdle on Thursday and immediately faced the threat of court action from tobacco companies afraid of flagging future sales. Australia´s upper house of parliament agreed on new laws that will force cigarettes to be sold in plain olive packets, with no mention of the brand name starting December next year. The packages would continue to show graphic images of the harm smoking can cause. “Big...
In this prospective cohort study, presented today at the ESC Congress 2011, discontinuation of smokeless tobacco after a myocardial infarction (MI) is associated with a lower risk of subsequent mortality. Investigators found that post MI snus quitters had a 44 % lower risk of total mortality. The association seems to be independent of smoking habits, but partly explained by concomitant changes in other lifestyle variables. Smokeless tobacco in the form of Swedish snus (oral moist snuff)...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.