Latest Tom Farber Stories
A Southern California calculus teacher says he's selling ad space on his test papers to make up for a cut in his supply budget. Tom Farber, a teacher at a Rancho Bernardo high school, said the district cut his annual copying budget to $316 when he needs more than $500 to print enough tests to ensure students receive adequate practice for tough tests they'll take in the future, such as the Advanced Placement Exam, USA Today reported Tuesday. Farber, 47, said tough times call for tough actions...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.