Latest Tom Francis Stories
By Tim Rausch, The Lima News, Ohio Oct. 27--LIMA -- In a black suit with sequins, Judy Collins swept from stage right to open with one of her most memorable songs. "Rows and floes of angel hair and ice cream castles in the air," Collins sang the opening to "Both Sides Now." More than 600 people filled Crouse Hall at Veterans Memorial Civic Center Thursday to see the Grammy-winning performer. Collins performed with the Lima Symphony Orchestra, a departure from the speakers and comedic acts...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.