Latest Tony Clarke Stories
A FORMER councillor has spoken of his disappointment at not being selected by his ward party to contest an upcoming by-election - but says he is not bitter. Staunch Labour party member Ian Clark lost his Town ward seat in Merthyr Tydfil in the May 1 election. All four seats were won by the Liberal Democrats. Mr Clark had topped the poll out of Labour's four contenders, with 657 votes. But the ward party has not chosen him as its candidate for the by-election to be held on October 23...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.