Latest Toxicant Stories
By Humphreys, William F; Hose, Grant C People are increasingly reliant on aquifers for water but the nature, extent and distribution of hyporheic and groundwater ecosystems is widely overlooked (Boulton 2001; Humphreys 2006). Aquifers contain a significant component of total biodiversity (Gibert et al 1994; Marmonier et al. 1994; Rouch and Danielopol 1997; Culver and Sket 1999; Danielopol et al. 2002) and play an important role in maintaining water quality (Danielopol et al. 2003). However,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.