Latest trace gas Stories
For 10 years, it has silently swooped through space in its orbital perch 438 miles (705 kilometers) above Earth, its nearly 2,400 spectral "eyes" peering into Earth's atmosphere, watching. But there's nothing alien about NASA's Atmospheric Infrared Sounder, or AIRS, instrument, a "monster" of weather and climate research that celebrates its 10th birthday in orbit May 4. AIRS, built by BAE Systems, Boston, under the direction of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif., is one of...
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Los Gatos Research (LGR), the leading innovator of cavity-enhanced laser-based instrumentation for analyses of gases and liquids, today announced a significant price reduction for its new greenhouse gas (GHG) analyzer designed to deliver the highest level of precision, accuracy, and stability available. The Greenhouse Gas Analyzer (model GGA-24EP) is the world's most advanced instrument for simultaneous measurements of methane (CH4),...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.