Latest Trachurus Stories
A team of researchers from Galicia in Spain have used forensic mitochondrial DNA species identification techniques to distinguish between sardines and horse mackerel. This method makes it possible to genetically differentiate between the fish, even if they are canned or processed, which makes it easier to monitor the degree to which fisheries resources are being exploited. DNA from the mitochondria "“ cell organelles "“ is ideal for distinguishing between species. One of its...
The Pacific jack mackerel, Trachurus symmetricus, is a species of fish in the family Carangidae. It is common in the north-eastern Pacific, from south-east Alaska to southern Baja. It is a pelagic fish, often found in large schools. Young frequently school near kelp and under piers. It grows up to 32 in (81 cm) long. It has a spinous dorsal fin slightly higher than its soft dorsal fin. Its pectoral fin ends before the front of the anal fin. It has scutes are located along the lateral line...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.