Latest Train horn Stories
Residents of California between Oceanside and Escondido have a problem with a new train horn, a spokeswoman for the North County Transit District said. We're getting a lot of push-back from the community, Sarah Benson said. The light-rail system known as The Sprinter is ready for its fourth set of horns. The first was too loud, the second wore out and the third is both too loud and too long, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported Sunday. U.S. and California regulations require trains to sound...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.