Latest Trichoplusia Stories
German scientists say they have discovered cabbage looper caterpillars are able to alter the expression of their genes in response to plant bacteria. The scientists, led by Dalial Freitak at the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, determined the caterpillars (Trichoplusia ni) alter their genes associated with metabolism, homeostasis and immunity. And as well as tailoring gene expression within their own digestive systems, the caterpillars pass the information to their offspring. Larval...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.