Latest Triple-negative breast cancer Stories
Genetic signature identifies patients with more aggressive triple-negative cancers A new test has the potential to help physicians identify patients with the most lethal forms of triple-negative breast cancer, a disease which requires aggressive and innovative treatment. The test, described in the Dec. 11 issue of PLOS ONE, was able to distinguish between patients with a good or poor prognosis, even within groups of patients already stratified by existing tests such as MammaPrint and...
A new study published online in The Oncologist journal shows that cancer patients with concurrent type 2 diabetes treated with metformin have a greater overall survival rate compared with patients taking other glucose-lowering medications. A team of researchers led by Ming Yin, MD, at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, PA, performed a meta-analysis to evaluate the association of metformin treatment and both overall and cancer-specific survival. Durham, NC (PRWEB) November 20, 2013 Over...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.