Trochilidae Reference Libraries
The Anna's Hummingbird (Calypte anna) is a medium-sized hummingbird with glossy green backs and grey undersides and green flanks. Their bill is long, straight and slender. The adult male has a glossy red crown and throat and a dark tail. Females and juveniles have a green crown, a grey throat with some red marking and a dark tail with white tips. Their breeding habitat is open wooded or...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.