Latest Tropical Depression One Stories
NASA infrared satellite data from this morning revealed that Tropical Storm Tomas has weakened into a tropical depression. Tomas is in the central Caribbean Sea headed for Haiti this weekend, and forecasters are calling for a re-intensification before it makes landfall. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) in Miami, Fla. reported at 5 a.m. EDT on Nov. 3 that hurricane hunter aircraft found an "ill-defined and elongated circulation with no tropical storm-force winds at the flight level or the...
NASA's infrared satellite imagery captured high, cold, strong thunderstorms within Tropical Storm Alex over the past weekend and they are still creating heavy rainfall. Alex's center is now moving out into the southwestern Gulf of Mexico and departing the Yucatan Peninsula. Alex is moving into warm waters and is expected to strengthen into a hurricane in the next day. Today, June 28, a tropical storm warning is in effect for the coast of Belize and the east coast of the Yucatan Peninsula of...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.