Latest True toad Stories
Pensoft Publishers A new species of toad was discovered hiding in the leaf litter of the Peruvian Yungas. The word is used widely by the locals to describe ecoregion of montane rainforests, and translates as "warm valley" in English. The new species Rhinella yunga was baptized after its habitat preference. The study was published in the open access journal ZooKeys. Like many other toads of the family Bufonidae the new species Rhinella yunga has a cryptic body coloration resembling the...
The Cane Toad (Bufo marinus) known also as the Giant Neotropical Toad or the Marine Toad, is a large and terrestrial true toad which is endemic to Central and South America, but has been introduced to various islands throughout Oceania and the Caribbean. It's a member of the subgenus Rhinella of the genus Bufo, which includes many different true toad species that are found throughout Central and South America. It is a productive breeder; the females lay single-clump spawns with thousands of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.