Latest Tuamotus Stories
The French Polynesias will experience the islands' first solar eclipse in 350 years on Sunday. According to tourism minister Steeve Hamblin, over 5,000 tourists are expected in the Pacific islands for the eclipse, a mini-boom likely to bring in roughly $10.6 million for the local economy. The eclipse is due to take place between 7:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. local time, leaving those on the islands to have to choose between two major global events: the eclipse and the World Cup final....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.