Latest Tumor hypoxia Stories
NuvOx Pharma, a biotechnology company based in Tucson, Arizona, has received a $1Million grant from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) “Nanoparticle-based Sensitizer for Radiation Therapy of
- $5.8 million award will help advance the development of oxygen-carrying therapeutics for cancer - SAN CARLOS, Calif., Oct.
The Leuven-based VIB researchers have revealed a mechanism that explains why the anti-tumor activity of specific immune cells called macrophages is suppressed during tumor growth.
By harnessing the very qualities that make sickle cell disease a lethal blood disorder, a research team led by Duke Medicine and Jenomic, a private cancer research company in Carmel, Calif., has developed a way to deploy the misshapen red blood cells to fight cancer tumors.
The genetic mutation that causes sickle cell anemia also turns red blood cells into potent tumor killers and may offer a new way to treat some cancers that are resistant to existing treatments.
It seems as if a tumor deprived of oxygen would shrink.
Tumors that do not respond to chemotherapy are the target of a cancer therapy that prevents the function of two enzymes in mouse tumor cells.
PALO ALTO, Calif. and AUCKLAND, New Zealand, May 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Centella Therapeutics, Inc., a subsidiary of Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (NYSE: VAR), and Auckland UniServices Ltd.
- One of the side scenes of the stage in a theater, or the space included between the side scenes.
- The outside stock exchange, or “curb market,” of Paris.
- A flute or groove on the blade of a sword.
- A section of stage scenery placed in a wing of a theatre.