Latest Tunic Stories
By Judie Schwartz; Evelinda Urman Style Matters: It was all about comfort clothing for the celebrities who attended the Gospel Hill film screening at Mezcal restaurant Monday morning. The film, about racial and generational divisions, was produced by actor Giancarlo Esposito. Angela Bassett, one of the film's stars, wore a white floppy hat and a scooped-neck muumuu dress. She finished off the ensemble with silver flip flops. Barack Obama supporter Ellen Burstyn, also in attendance, wore...
Phallusia nigra is a species of sea squirt (tunicate) found in tropical seas around the world. It is usually found in shallow waters attached to any hard substrate. It is a solitary animal rather than living in colonies. Although the native range of this animal is unknown, the tropical western Atlantic Ocean, the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean are possibilities. Like all ascidians, this species has a thick leathery envelope (tunic) containing cellulosic material. The tunic encloses a...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.