Latest Types of beer Stories
Diageo-Guinness USA, a division of Diageo, and the Flavored Malt Beverage Coalition filed suit against California's Board of Equalization challenging regulations that will reclassify flavored beer, which is malt based, as a distilled spirit, increasing the taxes on these products by more than 1600%. The complaint seeks to invalidate the Board of Equalization (BOE) regulations as illegal on a number of grounds, including that the BOE does not have the authority to classify alcohol beverages...
Low price and high alcohol content make beverage a cheap high, study finds HealthDayNews -- People who drink malt liquor are more likely to be homeless, jobless and receive public assistance. And they tend to consume more alcohol and more often than other types of drinkers, a new study finds. While the authors say more research is needed, they suggest that because malt liquor has a higher alcohol content and consumers tend to drink more of it, these factors could be to blame for the "negative...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.