Latest U.S. Missile Defense Agency Stories
Target Supports Realistic Testing of Missile Defense System HUNTSVILLE, Ala., June 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] successfully flew an LV-2 intermediate-range ballistic missile target today for a test of the Ground-based Midcourse Defense system conducted by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency. Lockheed Martin launched the unarmed missile target from a ground platform at the Reagan Test Site, Kwajalein Atoll, in the Marshall Islands. Preliminary analysis shows...
SUNNYVALE, Calif., April 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) announced today that the U.S. Missile Defense Agency has awarded it a $43.3 million contract for concept definition and program planning for the Standard Missile-3 Block IIB (SM-3 IIB). The new missile, formerly known as the Next Generation Aegis Missile, will provide early intercept capability against intermediate- and long-range ballistic missile threats. It will be a key element of the fourth phase of the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.