Latest Ueli Steck Stories
Alan McStravick for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online The tallest summit on Earth, Mount Everest, is on the bucket list of many professional and amateur climbers. The dedication and training required for this feat can range from swimming, running and biking to weight lifting and free climbing. After news reports out of the Himalayas this weekend, potential Everest climbers may now want to add mixed martial arts to their training repertoire. While the reports coming off the mountain...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.