Latest UFO sightings in United States Stories
An ocean salvage exploration company has found what appears to be a UFO-like object at the bottom of the Baltic Sea. A mysterious circular image appeared on scientist's imaging equipment while they were scanning the ocean floor this week. Researchers have claimed the grainy image is proof that a flying saucer is laying 300 feet down on the ocean floor between Sweden and Finland. The team which found the object said the earth around the craft has been scarred, suggesting the object has tried...
By Nick Pope On the afternoon of Nov. 7, 2006, pilots and airport employees at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago saw a disc-like object hovering over the tarmac for several minutes. Because nothing was tracked on radar, the Federal Aviation Administration did not investigate. Yet radar is not a reliable detector of all aircraft. Stealth planes are designed to be invisible to radar, and many radar systems filter out signals not matching the normal characteristics of aircraft. Did it...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.