Latest Underwater World Stories
Japan has handed 13 endangered sea turtles, born and raised in captivity, over to a Singapore aquarium to prepare them for release into a natural habitat later this year, scientists said on Friday. The highly endangered Hawksbill turtles were brought to Singapore by their Japanese caretakers Tomomi Saito and Yoshihiko Kanou from the Port of Nagoya Public Aquarium. The 13 turtles are the offspring of hawksbill turtles donated by Underwater World Singapore to the Nagoya aquarium in 1997 and...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.