Latest United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change Stories
Addressing gaps, improving comparability key to advancing domestic and regional emissions objectives Right now, if businesses or environmental officials need to estimate the impact of different greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction measures in one country or region of North America compared to another, they face multiple GHG reporting regimes with varying levels of detail and complexity. In response, Canada, Mexico and the United States are seeking to improve the comparability of emissions...
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Global carbon dioxide emissions are projected to increase by 2.6 percent for 2012, setting a record high of around 39 billion tons, according to a new report from an international team of researchers. The report, published in the journal Nature Climate Change, comes from the Global Carbon Project–a group of scientists and policymakers from around the world dedicated to promoting a coordinated research on the Earth´s...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.