Latest United States Navy Chaplain Corps Stories
By Will Dunham WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Air Force said on Tuesday it has withdrawn ethics guidelines to its chaplains that allowed them to "instruct and/or evangelize" members of the military not affiliated with a particular religion. Air Force Academy cadets have complained that evangelical Christian leaders on campus used their positions to push their religion and one Jewish graduate, who has a son enrolled at the academy, filed suit in federal court last week to force the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.