Latest Universal Service Fund Stories
Enid Burns for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online It was uncovered this week as many as 41 percent of users of the government-funded phones under the Lifeline program are not qualified to take part in the program. An investigation conducted by the Wall Street Journal uncovered the misuse of resources. That Universal Service Fee you see on your cell phone and land line bill each month funds the program, which provides cell phones, Internet service, and land lines to low-income...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.