Latest University of California, Los Angeles Stories
University of California Los Angeles study suggests reducing iron may lower age-related brain disease risk The human body has a love-hate relationship with iron. Just the right amount is needed for proper cell function, yet too much is associated with brain diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Science knows that men have more iron in their bodies and brains than women. These higher levels may be part of the explanation for why men develop these age-related neurodegenerative...
Anna Fisher is an American chemist and a NASA astronaut. She was born Anna Lee Tingle on August 24, 1949 in New York City. She grew up in San Pedro, California and graduated from San Pedro High School in 1967. She went on to attend the University of California Los Angeles, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry in 1971. Fisher remained at UCLA to start graduate school in chemistry, focusing on x-ray crystallographic studies, and received her Doctorate of Medicine in 1976. The...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.