Latest University of Maryland, College Park Stories
University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science A new report on sea level rise recommends that the State of Maryland should plan for a rise in sea level of as much as 2 feet by 2050. Led by the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science, the report was prepared by a panel of scientific experts in response to Governor Martin O'Malley's Executive Order on Climate Change and "Coast Smart" Construction. The projections are based on an assessment of the latest climate...
Just one month after launching, an innovative website that connects Maryland voters with elected officials has registered 500 active users. (PRWEB) April 08, 2013 Just one month after MyMaryland.net´s public launch, 500 verified Maryland voters and University of Maryland students have registered for the online town hall platform. The site has given citizens a chance to make their voices heard on issues being debated in Annapolis and on Capitol Hill such as gun control, the recent...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.