Latest University of Nebraska at Omaha Stories
By Veronica Stickney, Omaha World-Herald, Neb. Jun. 23--I update this column each weekday with what's happening in your neighborhood, school or family. So please let me know about events important to you and your family or friends, and check back often to see what's going on. Send your events and story ideas to me at email@example.com or Omaha World-Herald, 1314 Douglas St., Suite 700, Omaha, NE 68102. Event to plant seeds of awareness in kids Eco-minded families: A workshop Saturday,...
By Khristopher J. Brooks, Omaha World-Herald, Neb. Jun. 21--David Garcia, Kendre Barnes and Tai Hoang are high school students who've decided that the best place to spend part of their summer vacation is in a classroom. The three 17-year-olds, along with 37 other soon-to-be high school seniors, are part of the University of Nebraska at Omaha's Summer Scholars Program, which is designed to encourage students to attend college and to think about a career path while they're still in high...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.