Latest University of New Orleans, New Orleans Stories
By Anonymous THE TWENTY-FOURTH TECHNICAL SESSION of the Rochester Mineralogical Symposium (RMS) was held on 13 April 2007. Twelve abstracts were accepted and presented as oral papers. The review panel consisted of Dr. Steven Chamberlain, New York State Museum; Dr. Carl Francis, Harvard Univeristy; Dr. Robert King, Tewkesbury, Great Britain; Dr. Marian Lupulescu, New York State Museum; and Dr. George Robinson, Michigan Technological University. PSEUDOBROOKITE FROM THE NINE MILE PLUTON,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.